I'm a big fish fan, 1. because its so low in fat, and 2. because its just so versatile. As kids we grew up on Donegal Catch and fish fingers, and if we were to be given fresh fish, it was most likely whiting.
This recipe goes with all while fish, not just whiting, pollack, and haddock and sea bass also take the flavours well.
- 4 whiting fillets, skin on
- Flat leave Parsley
- A few basil leaves
- Grated lemon zest
- Baby potatoes to serve
- Put a few sprigs of parsley, basil and coriander in a mini blender, add zest of lemon, salt, pepper, half a diced chili and 1 clove of garlic crushed.
- Blitz to form a paste
- Make 3 diagonal slashes in each whiting fillet
- Rub in the zingy herb paste
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil, medium heat
- Add to whiting fillets skin side down
- Pan fry 3 mins a side, depending on the thickeness
- Squeeze over some lemon juice and season with pepper
- Serve with baby potatoes and a salad for a well balanced low fat dinner