These crostini's were the product of an accident. Whilst making them for a drinks party at home I enlisted the help of my sister, and whilst pouring in the honey to the cheese mixture, I asked my sister to tell me when to stop (she is crostini queen), she kept saying 'loads, loads', which I interpreted as 'loads more'; not realizing what she meant was, 'thats loads, stop'!!!! It was too late to start again so we made do and the result was a creamy, sweet and salty mixture....delish!!!
- 1 large french baguette, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 packet of goats cheese with herbs
- 50g of chopped walnuts
- 'loads' of runny honey (judge by taste)
- Chopped chives/parsley to decorate
- Place the sliced bread on a baking sheet and put into a preheated oven of 200 degrees
- Turn the bread after 5 mins and toast for another 5 mins
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cheese, nuts and honey stirring for a smooth consistency.
- Dollop small amounts evenly on the slices of bread and return to the oven for 5-8 mins.
- Place the crostinis on a serving platter and scatter with some chopped chives or parsley.