(The not so healthy part)
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 cup oil (sunflower)
(The healthy part)
- 5 cups of jumbo oat flakes
- 6 weetabix biscuits
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup milled linseed (I use one from Lidl with milled dried blueberries)
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or toasted almond flakes
- 1 cup of dried banana slices, broken into small pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees
- Put the oil and honey in the microwave for 40 seconds and stir.
- Crush the weetabix and combine with the oats in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Pour over the oil/honey mixture and stir well to coat every thing evenly.
- Spread the mixture over baking trays thinly (2 tray usually do)
- Bake in the oven, toss the mixture every 5 minutes so the edges do not burn.
- The flakes should be toasted after 20 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients into a very large bowl and once the toasted flakes are cooled, add them also and stir very well.
- Transfer to air tight containers and use within 2 weeks. (Though it won't last that long, trust me.)
- Serve with your favorite yogurt for a satisfying breakfast that will definitely keep you full until lunchtime.