Turkey breast meat, whilst extremely low in fat and a great source of lean protein, has the tendency to be extremely bland. Ever in the quest for different low fat recipes, this sweet chilli stir fry is very tasty with the sweet chilli, garlic, and ginger aiding the turkey breast meat in the taste department. This stir fry is a doddle to make and is ready is ten minutes flat, making it a winner in the mid week supper category on all counts. Low Fat? Check! Quick? Check! Tasty? Darn right!!!
Tip: Cut the veggies to same size to ensure quick and even cooking of everything and start with the veggies that take the longest to cook. Have everything prepared before hand, and the stir fry will be ready to plate up in less than 10 minutes.
· 1 carrot, peeled into strips with veggie peeler
· ½ courgette, peeling into strips with veggie peeler
· ½ red pepper, cut into strips
· ½ yellow pepper, cut into strips
· 5-6 mangtouts, cut into strips
· 4-5 mushrooms, sliced
· 1 garlic clove, peeled and diced
· 1 2cm piece of ginger, peeled and diced
· ¼ red chilli, deseeded and diced
· 100g egg noodles
· 2 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce
· 1 tbsp of soy sauce
· Low cal oil spray
1. Bring pan of salted water to the boil.
2. Add the chilli, garlic and ginger to a wok and then turn the heat on and spray the low cal oil spray
3. Add the turkey meat strips and stir fry for approx 6 minutes. If it starts to stick to wok, just add a tbsp of water.
4. Put the noodles in the pan of salted water, reduce to a simmer and cook for 4 minutes before draining.
5. Add the vegetables, first the mushrooms, and stir fry for 30 seconds or so, then the peppers, mangtout and finally the strips of carrot and courgette.
6. Take off the heat and add the soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce and stir.
7. To plate up, divide the noodles between two bowls and add the sweet chilli turkey and vegetable mixture on top.