These are a fantastic and creative (low fat) way to use lemongrass as a kebab stick for party canapes. When the meat is cooking the heat releases the natural oils and fragrance of the lemongrass and penetrates the meat, making these sticks irresistible and flavorful. They are something different than using skewers and a great conversation starter when handing out at a drinks party.
If you are having a party, and want something more unique to serve to your guests then these easy to make sticks are the perfect solution.
Makes 8 sticks
- 8 lemongrass sticks
- 500g turkey mince
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 thumbsize piece of ginger, grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and diced
- 3 tbsp of chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp of ground cumin
- 1 tbsp of ground coriander
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
Quick Asian Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 garlic clove minced
- 5 tbsp of soy sauce
- juice of half a lime
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped.
- 1 tsp of red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- Add all the ingredients except the lemongrass into a mixing bowl and mix really well to combine all the flavors.
- Make 8 large balls out of the mixture and wrap each ball around each lemongrass stick.
- Put in the fridge for a min of 30 minutes to firm up.
- Cook under a preheated grill for 10 minutes turning the sticks occasionally so that they are cooked through.
- Serve with an quick Asian dipping sauce.