Serves 2 (or 1 hungry man)
- 2 cooked sausages (cut into slices)
- 3 cooked rashers (cut into strips)
- 4 pieces of black and white pudding (cut into pieces)
- 100g of penne pasta
- 1 tin of cherry tomatoes
- Half a diced onion
- Half a diced clove of garlic
- 1 tsp of chilli flakes
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 2 tbsp of red wine
- 3 tbsp of cream
- 1 tsp of oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 10 minutes
- Cook the onion and garlic in a little oil until translucent
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, oregano and cook down for a few minutes
- Add the chilli flakes and season.
- Add the red wine and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Add some of the cooking water from the pasta, stir and continue to cook
- Add the chopped meat and the cream and stir well.
- Transfer to a roasting dish and bake in the oven for 15 minutes
Feel free to add some mozzarella to the pasta before baking, I didn't as my husband isn't fond of cheese, but It would be scrummy.
Or 6 minutes before the bake is finished make a little hole in the bake and gently break in an egg and return to the oven until the egg has just set.
This is a little on the sinful side so be mindful that perhaps a salad the following evening might make up for it. Why are wicked things the most pleasing!!!!