Thursday, July 12, 2012

Egg Free, Nut Free Banana Muffins


It's only when guests come to stay with us with a food intolerance/allergy that I actually appreciate the fact that I am able to eat everything and anything I want to. I simply take it for granted!!! Today I had a lovely family visit us, with both egg allergies and nut allergies! Scary biscuits!! I never think about not being able to eat eggs, breads and cakes!!!! My breakfast's foundation seems to be my Beaufort eggs, be it in the Full Irish Breakfasts I cook, or the pancakes I make, or even the muffins and breads I bake. Being allergic to eggs has automatically eliminated alot of my dishes from the choice for my guests!!!

Always one to please everyone, I set about baking something that all my guests can enjoy! So thus came the arrival of my Egg-Free, Nut Free Banana Breakfast Muffins. I normally adapt my Banana & Walnut Muffin recipe from Jamie Olivers Spiced Banana Muffins, so I've made a few changes to make my Egg & Nut Free version today.

Makes 12 muffins


Ingredients

  • 2 bananas
  • 6 tbsp of sunflower oil
  • 1 tbsp of honey
  • 75g of brown sugar
  • 200g of self raising flour
  • 125g of buttermilk
  • 1 tsp of cinnamon



First, preheat oven to 200 degrees and place 12 muffin cases in a bun tray.

Method


  1. Mash 2 very ripe bananas together.
  2. Add 6 tbsp of sunflower oil and 1 tbsp of honey
  3. Add 75g of brown sugar and mix well. 
  4. Measure 125ml of buttermilk and add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and mix
  5. Add the buttermilk mixture to the banana mixture and combine
  6. Finally, sieve in the flour and gently fold
  7. Divide the mixture amongst the muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20 minutes
  8. Take out of oven and place on a cooling rack.

1 comment:

Sara Tatham said...

Thank you Serena for whipping up these muffins for us! We loved them and we appreciate your willingness to accomodate us without hesitation. We loved your B&B and was surprised to learn after checking out your blog that you're new to the business. You're obviously a natural because we figured you had been doing it for years. We're back home now and in recapping our trip voted your place as our favorite out of all 4 of our lodgings. Thanks again and best of luck to you!

Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...