Here's a gem of a recipe for a marinade that transforms a beautiful piece of fish into a tangy flavoursome dinner. This recipe is great as the ingredients for the marinade are very healthy, but also very tasty.
The weather for us here in the South of Ireland isn't quite there for us yet this summer in terms of BBQ time, but when the sun does start to emerge, this is a wonderful recipe for all BBQ fish dishes.
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp of flat leaf parsley
- 2 tsp of capers
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 seabass, gutted and scaled
- Salt and pepper
- Extra chopped flat leaf parsley
- lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a mini blender, add the juice of a lemon, the flat leaf parsley, capers, oil, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and pulse for a few seconds.
- Cut 3 incisions in each fillet on the fish. Cut the 2nd lemon into thin slices and place each lemon slice into the the cut incisions on the fish, and divide the remaining slices into the cavity of the fish.
- Rub the parsley marinade into both the outside and the inside cavity of the fish.
- All to marinade for 10 minutes.
- Bake the fish on a baking tray for 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Serve with a scattering of chopped herbs and lemon wedges.