Carrot & Orange soup not only has a bursting refreshing flavour, but it’s also packed with Vitamin C, vital for those of us who suffer from colds and flus this time of the year..... L .....Cue the violins !!!!!
When we get ill, of course Chicken soup is a fantastic wellness & recovery soup. However to change things up a bit and to give the body a serious Vitamin C kick up the bum, why not try this delicious carrot & orange soup. The soup is seriously healthy, nutritious and full of anti-oxidants and you don’t have to be ill to reap the benefits of this immune system building soup.
· 1 parsnip, peeled
· 1 leek, chopped
· Zest of orange
· Juice of orange
· 2 celery stalks, chopped
· 1 onion, chopped
· 1 garlic clove
· 1 ½ pint of vegetable stock
· Chopped coriander/parsley to taste
· Salt & pepper
· Add the carrot, leek, celery, parsnip, onion and peeled garlic clove to a food processor and blend until finely chopped. (alternatively chop by hand as finely as possible)
· Heat a pan to high, spray with low cal spray and add the vegetables.
· Sauté for a few minutes, then add the orange zest and juice
· Sauté for a further few minutes, season and add the stock.
· Bring to boil and simmer for ten minutes.
· Blend with a hand held blender.