For years I felt deprived of my guilty pleasure, chips, because I've always been on a some sort of diet. However I have come up with a low fat version of chips that will leave you coming up with excuses to make them again and again.
Serves 1, very generously
- 2 good quality potatoes, I like roosters cause the skin gets nice and crispy
- Some low fat olive oil spray (or 1 tbsp olive oil)
- Sea Salt
- Black pepper
- Dried oregano or dired italian mixed herbs
- Malt vinegar and ketchup to serve.
- Cut the potatoes into medium cut chips
- Place in a pan of cold water, bring up to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes
- Drain the chips and pat dry with kitchen paper
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chips, oil, herbs, and seasoning.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and spray with oil to prevent the chips from sticking
- Place the chips on the tray in a single layer and place in over for 25 mins, turning often to ensure an even crispy coating.
- Serve with more salt, ketchup and vinegar.
Because you are using mininium oil, the fat content of the chips is kept low. Making chips as a special treat can become a thing of the past and you can have them regularly mid week without the guilt.