This recipes keeps well for a few days in an air tight container and is a great accompaniment to the likes of roast chicken and lamb leftovers, as well a tasty snack to eat with crudites on the go.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 grated garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon low fat natural yogurt
- juice one lemon
- half a jar of roasted red peppers
- 2 tbsp oil (from the jar)
- 1 cup of fresh corriander/or basil
- Salt and Pepper
- Drain the chickpeas and put in food blender.
- add the remaining ingredients and whizz to a smooth consistency. Simples!
The uses for this are endless:
- Sliced batons of cucumber, carrot and celery
- Strips of toasted pitta breads
- Tortilla Chips
- Garlic Bread
- Moroccan flavoured Calarmari (recipe coming soon)