This leg of lamb recipe is simply amazing. When you can use a fork to carve instead on a knife you know its good. The secret is in the long slow cooking, making the meat meltingly good. For best results marinate the meat in the fridge over night
- 1 large leg of lamb
- 3 tbsp of cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp of coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Dry fry the seeds and peppercorns over a medium heat for a couple of minutes, careful not to burn them
- Put the toasted seeds, salt, olive, and peeled garlic cloves in a pestle and mortar and pound to a rough paste
- Smear the lamb with the oil mixture and put in the fridge, preferably overnight.
- When it comes to cooking the lamb, get a large frying pan on a medium heat and brown the leg on all sides.
- Preheat the oven to 140 degrees
- Put the leg in a roasting tin, cover with foil, and roast for 5 hours, taking the foil off for the final 45 mins.
- Allow to rest for 10-15 mins, covered, before serving.
- The meat should fall away from itself with the ease of a fork.
This is recipe is great with my cous cous recipe, honey roasted carrots, and harissa yogurt and of course some pitta breads. Great pick n mix casual dining.