I can't call my blog Medium Rare without a recipe of my favourite way to cook steak. Fillet, sirloin or Rib eye are my favourite cuts, but the marinade works with all cuts.
- 1 good quality beef steak of choice
- 1 tsp of chopped fresh rosemary/thyme
- Grated rind of one lemon
- Sea salt & pepper
- Olive Oil
- Crushed garlic clove
- Marinate steak for 1 hour in the chopped herbs, lemon rind, salt, pepper, glug of oil and the garlic
- Heat a griddle pan on high
- Put the steak on the griddle pan and cook to your liking, I like 4 minutes a side
- Leave to rest on plate covered with tin foil for min. 5 mins.
- The accompaniments are endless, spuds, chips, salad, pasta.....rice.