Toffee sauce may have all evil ingredients, but a little goes a long way and the toffee sauce keeps well in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
- Sliced banana
- good quality vanilla ice-cream
- roasted peanuts
- toffee sauce
- 250g brown sugar
- 100g unsalted butter
- 220 ml double cream
- 250g golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Firstly to make the toffee sauce, melt the butter and sugar together.
- Add the golden syrup and cream and bring to the boil. Leave simmer for a few minutes.
- In two ice cream sundae bowls, put some slices of banana at the bottom, then the ice-cream, then add the remaining banana slices drizzle over some of the toffee sauce.
- Sprinkle with crushed peanuts and dig in.