Halloumi is difficult to get sometimes, but when you do see it in the supermarket, you should definately pick some up. Halloumi is a non melting salty cheese from Cyprus, usually made from a combination of goat, sheep and cows milk. Its really tasty.
- 1 250g packet of halloumi cheese, sliced 8 even slices
- 6 tbsp of sesame seeds
- 4 quartered tomatoes
- 1 chopped spring onion
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Lemon Juice
- Place the sesame seeds in a plate and put the halloumi slices on the plate.
- Press down for them to pick up the seeds, ensuring they are coated well on all sides
- Put a frying pan of medium heat with just a little olie oil
- Fry the halloumi 2 mins per side, the cheese should soften slighty but remain intact
- For the rocket salad, divide the rocket into 4 bowls, add the tomatoes.
- In a cup, mix a tbsp of olive oil, a tsp of balsamic vinegar and some lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix
- Dress the rocket and tomato salad, and top with the sliced fried slices of halloumi