This salad can be the main dish of a meal, serve with some flat breads and natural yogurt, or it can be a great side dish for a tagine, roast chicken/lamb, BBQ, or as I did here, Moroccan Meatballs.
- 100g Bulgar wheat
- 400g of chicken/vegetables stock
- Salt & Pepper
- Half a cucumber
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 spring onions
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp of fresh mint
- 1 tbsp of fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 cooked beetroot
- 50g of feta cheese
- Put the Bulgar wheat in a saucepan and add the stock. Cook on a medium heat for 15 minutes, or until all the stock has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes, before fluffing it up with a fork.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salads. Half the cucumber length ways and scoop out the seeds. Then dice the cucumber. Quarter the tomatoes. Slice the spring onions very thinly. Cube the feta, and dice the beetroot.
- Add all the salad ingredients to the Bulgar wheat along with the lemon juice and chopped fresh herbs. Season well with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- In my experience this tastes better when made ahead as the the flavours really develop.