Thankfully there are some good quality shop bought pizza dough out there now which take all the hard work out of home made pizzas. Tonight was such a night when the efforts of homemade pizza dough was beyond me. Luckily I had a Jus-Rol pizza dough hidden in the fridge for such a dilemma.
- 1 good quality ready made pizza dough
- 2 tbsp of tomato sauce
- 4 asparagus spears, ends removed
- 50g of fresh mozzarella
- 50g of feta cheese
- 3 tbsp of carmelised onion relish
- 3 slices of Serrano ham
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 1 wedge of lemon
- Balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Lay the pizza dough on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the pizza dough.
- Scatter the cheeses over the pizza and lay the asparagus spears over the cheese.
- Dot the relish in between the spears of asparagus and liberally grind black pepper over the pizza.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Divide the Serrano ham over the cooked pizza and scatter with some freshly torn basil.
- Serve with the lemon wedge and drizzle over the balsamic glaze.