When Ginevra explained that it was a type of chocolate spread made with pistachios and white chocolate, I was hooked. It tasted unreal and the vibrant green colour gives it a fantastic appearance.
My own tried and tested spread is simple to make, but I've found, very difficult to eat only a small portion at a time. I use coconut oil here, but you could use other oils, like sunflower oil or groundnut oil.
- 300g of shelled pistachios
- 200g of good quality qhite chocolate
- 4 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of table salt
- Place the pistachios in a food processor and blitz until a wet crumb forms, could take up to 3 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water. Add the vanilla extract to the melted chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to cool.
- Add the coconut oil, salt and melted chocolate to the pistachio crumb and blitz it again until to clumps together and ressembles a butter.
- Store in an airtight container, in a cool dry place. (Not the fridge, otherwise it will loose it's spreadability).
- It's delicious on toast, crusty bread, or on cupcakes, or as an alternative to cream in a victoria sponge perhaps.