Once you have all your ingredients prepped, this dinner can be made in a matter of minutes. Cut all your vegetables into even slices so they all cook at the same time.
- 3 minute steaks, cut in strips
- 1 carrot, sliced thinly
- 5 mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 green pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tsp of cornflour
- Stir fry oil, for cooking
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of light soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 thumb size piece of ginger, diced
- 1 tsp of chili flakes
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of peanuts
- Wholewheat noodles
- Lime wedges
- First marinate the beef. Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and pour over the sliced beef. Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook the noodles and set aside.
- Put the wok on a high heat and pour in some cooking oil.
- Stir fry the vegatables for 1-2 minutes and remove.
- Drain the beef from the marinade, reserving the liquid.
- Add the cornflour to the liquid marinade and stir to dissolve.
- Add more stir fry oil to the wok and fry off the steak, this should only take 1 minute.
- Pour in the marinade liquid and stir to heat and cook the cornflour out.
- Re-introduce the vegetables to the wok and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Serve with hot noodles, scatter over the peanuts and serve with a wedge of lime.