These are another great canape for a drinks party. Who doesn't like french fries?!!!! These are a little posh and served with a wasabi mayo for a grown-up kick.
- 5 potatoes, chopped thinly with skins still on.
- 1 tbsp of Arromat all purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp of wasabi paste
- 6 tbsp of good quality mayo
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- These are 3 times cooked chips, the only method for the ultimate crispy, fluffy chip.
- Add the chopped potato to a saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil on a high heat.
- Drain the potatoes when the water comes to the boil, and allow to rest in the colander so the steam leaves the potatoes.
- Add the chips to a deep fryer and fry until almost cooked through.
- Remove from the fat, and rest until just before you are ready to serve.
- Add the fries to the fat for one last blast, until nice and golden.
- Drain on some kitchen paper and douce with the Arromat seasoning.
- Serve with the wasabi mayo, which is made by simply combining the wasabi paste, spring onion and mayo.