- 1 packet of marrieta biscuits (or rich tea),crushed to rubble
- 1 beaten egg
- 50g of chopped mixed nuts
- 4 tsp of dark cocoa powder
- 6 oz sugar
- 2 tsp of brandy (optional) [rum, whiskey or sherry would also be yum)
- 250g margarine/butter
- Melt the margarine slowly on a hob
- Once fully melted add the sugar and cocoa and stir well to combine
- Allow the mixture to cool
- Add the beaten egg and stir until incorporated (this thickens the mixture). Make sure the chocolate mixture is cool though, otherwise you will have scrambled egg, which is not a good flavour combo.
- Finally add the brandy, and stir. Then add the biscuits and nuts and mix fully with the mixture.
- Put in a container lined with parchment paper and press down well.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into squares and try to refrain from eating the whole batch yourself.
These are a fantastic homemade gift.