I made this in a panic this evening, as when I went to the fridge to get my Salca basil pesto, I was disgusted to discover, it has gone off. With my pasta already down and my salmon near ready, I'd to think fast. I had no basil, nor any Parmesan in the house......determined to still make a salmon pesto pasta dish, this is how I came up with Rocket Pesto!!![as this was made in a panic my measurements are sketchy]
- Juice of lemon
- 2 large handfuls of rocket
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 small splash of balsamic vinegar
- 2 oz of dry fried pine nuts
- Add lemon juice, oil, garlic, rocket, salt and pepper into blender and whizz until smooth
- Taste at this stage to check for seasoning, whether needs more oil, or juice
- Add the nuts and whizz again
- Add a small splash of balsamic vinegar to taste, and whizz one last time.
- This should keep well in the fridge for a week, though I doubt it will survive that long!!!!!