The Greek marinade used in this recipe is delicious, and it also really tenderizes the meat. Leave to marinate for an hour, if you can, to get the flavours all mingled together. I bash the chops firstly in a food bag to make them thin and they also absorb the flavours really well this way. So when you've had a bad day, this recipe is a great way of taking out your frustrations. The marinade is also great with chicken and lamb.
Serves 1 hungry man
- 2 pork chops
- zest and juice of a lemon
- salt and pepper
- fresh oregano (1 tbsp of dried)
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 chopper garlic clove
- Olive oil
- Put the chops in a food bag, seal, and bash a little with your preferred blunt object, I like a saucepan
- Add the marinade ingredients to the bag and leave for 1 hour
- Heat the grill to medium
- Grill the chops 5 minutes a side.
Some serving suggestions I would have is pitta bread, and greek salad with feta and olives, or baked potato
This works well on the BBQ also.