Monday, June 13, 2011

Low Fat Asian Slaw


Coleslaw is my ultimate treat, though with the ole diet, alas I'm seeing less and less of the stuff. But recently I've started to make my own low fat version. Replacing the creaminess, I use Asian flavours, which are so yummy, you hardly miss the lashings of mayo. I've made a big batch so I can keep it in an air tight container for lunch tomorrow in my sambo!!

Ingredients

  • 1 quarter white cabbage, finely shredded
  • 1/2 red onion, finely diced
  • 2 carrots, grated
  • 10 pieces of mangetout, sliced finely
  • 1 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
  • 1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
  • 2 tbsp low fat mayo
  • 1/2 tsp whole grain mustard
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • Salt & pepper
  • 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
  • 1 tbsp chopped coriander


Method


  1. Add the vegetables to a large bowl, along with the seeds and coriander
  2. In a jug, add the remaining ingredients and whisk well
  3. Pour the liquid ingredients into the slaw and mix well to coat the slaw evenly.
  4. Season well with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...