This is a quick and easy recipe for Thai BBQ prawns. All you need is some metal skewers and sunshine, and then you're ready to throw some shrimp on the barbie!!!
Although sunshine is preferred, it is rarely guaranteed, so this recipe is just as good cooked on a griddle pan.
Makes 2 skewers
- 8 Crevettes (prawns, uncooked, unshelled)
- 2 metal skewers
- Thai marinade
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 a red chilli, finely diced
- 1 stick of lemongrass, peeled and finely diced
- 3 tbsp of diced fresh coriander
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp of oil
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together.
- Add the prawns to the marinade and leave for 3 minutes.
- Place 4 prawns on each metal skewer (starting with the 'neck' and push the skewer out again at the 'tail')
- Either place the skewers on a hot BBQ or Griddle pan and cook for 2 minutes and turn them and cook for a further minute.