We have got to make the most out of this glorious summer heatwave we have at the moment, as going by previous summers lately, it could be short lived! So we'll be dining alfresco and having dinner from the bbq grill for as long as we possibly can.
Its not a weekend, so we are trying to keep the dinners low fat where possible. These spicy and smoky harissa spiked chicken kebabs are so tasty, you don't even realise that they are really low fat and very healthy!
I'm pairing the kebabs with a simple green salad and some couscous salad for the hubbie.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp of harissa paste
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1 tsp of orange marmalade
To Serve (optional extras)
- Greek yogurt
- Flat breads
- In a bowl add the chicken and the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and leave to marinade for an hour or so.
- Fire up the BBQ or preheat a grill to medium
- Thread a metal/wooden skewer with the chicken and grill, until cooked, turning often.