These’s frittatas started out as just plain scrambled eggs with fried mushroom for my dad on Sunday morning, but trying to be fancy schmancy, I ended up using cooking rings and created beautiful mini frittatas. The whole thing happened so quickly, I said these are definite contenders for the menu in Sika Lodge for breakfast.
Simple, delicious and slightly impressive visually, whats not to like!!!
After my testing on my Dad last Sunday I said I'd put them to the test on my very first breakfast guests, on put them on the Sika Breakfast Board, and my guests, Phillipe and Sonia, natives of France, today ordered them for breakfast!!!! They got a great response, to say I was chuffed was a huge understand!!!! This has earned the Frittatas as a permanent fixture on the Sika Breakfast menu, a great low fat and vegetarian alternative to the Full Irish!!! (But I couldn't resist adding a few sneaky slices of bacon)
The Frittatas are also a perfect little Sunday Brunch dish, serve with coffee, toast and the Sunday papers!!!!
- 6 mushrooms sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp of cream
- 5 medium free range eggs
- 1 tsp of olive oil and 1 tsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of grated cheddar
- 1 tsp of chopped chives
Toast and grilled tomato halves, & (optional Bacon)
- Break the eggs into a jug with the cream,season and whisk
- Fry the sliced mushrooms in an oven proof pan in the oil and butter
- Remove from the pan
- Add 4 cooking rings (greased on the inside) to the pan.
- Divide the mushrooms between the rings
- Pour the eggs into each ring and cook for a minute
- Sprinkle with the cheddar
- Transfer to an oven preheated to 200 degrees.
- Cook for 5 minutes
- In a preheated grill with the tomatoes
- Remove and take care when slipping off the rings
- Serve with the tomatoes, toast and sprinkle with chives