This is a great starter to prepare for a dinner party when time is not on your side, or you just simply wish to have a light refreshing starter for your dinner party. It’s also dare I say, posh lunch; perhaps for those Saturday Lunches with ‘the girls’, by bulking it up on a bed of salad leaves.
Whatever the reason for making this little fancy piece crab on toast, you will not be disappointed! This really is a sexy piece of food, ready in minutes!
· 200g fresh crab meat
· 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
· 1 tbsp of freshly chopped coriander
· 2 spring onions, diced
· 1 tbsp of light mayo
· 1 ripe avocado, roughly mashed with juice of half a lime
· 1 lime
· French baguette (preferably a day old)
· 1 salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven
2. Cut the baguette into slices on the diagonal
3. Place the bread on a baking tray and bake for 4-5 minutes (keep careful eye on them)
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the crab, chilli, spring onion and lime juice and mayo.
5. When the bread is ready, spread each toast with the mashed avocado and top with the crab mixture.
6. Done and yum!