For a different dinner party starter, that was quick to prepare and in advance I decided to make some smoked salmon paté. The beauty of this recipe is that it needs to be prepared in advance, so this takes the pressure off cooking a starter when you have guests to entertain.
- 200g of smoked salmon, chopped
- 150g of smoked salmon (for moulds)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp of dill
- 150g of light cream cheese
- 2 tbsp of light creme fraiche
- 2 spring onions, chopped.
- In a food processor, add the chopped smoked salmon, the lemon juice, pepper, cream cheese and creme fraiche, onions and half the dill. Blitz for a creamy consistency.
- Get 4 ramekins, and cover the inside with cling film, allow the film to spill well over the edges.
- Place the smoked salmon in the moulds, covering the inside and allowing it to cover up over the sides.
- Spoon in the paté, and fold over the overhanging salmon and film.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, pull out the cling film and carefully place the contents upside down on a plate
- Serve with a sprinkle of the remaining dill, some toasts and lemon wedges.