Who says if you’re dieting you can’t have pizza. Here’s my cheats version of low fat pizza with an accompaniment of beetroot salsa. This certainly will satisfy the pizza craving, dare I say it might even be nicer, as we are using the freshest of ingredients, and using food combinations that will really pop together. By using a store bought wrap, you can also keep track of the calories, and its a great quick cheat way of getting the pizza hit!
· 6 Cherry Tomatoes
· 1 garlic clove, grated
· 1 tsp of dried oregano
· 2 sliced basil leaves
· 1 tsp of tomato paste
· 30g of crumbled feta cheese
· 1 handful of baby spinach leaves
· 3 Black pitted olives, sliced
· 1 tbsp of oil oil
· Sprinkle of chilli flakes
· Sea salt and black pepper.
· 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar
· 1 tbsp of olive oil
· 1 eating apple, sliced
· 1 tsp of chopped flat leaf parsley
· ½ red onion, diced
· Juice of ½ a lemon
· 1 tsp of honey
2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, fry off the onion garlic, oregano and tomato paste for 5 minutes.
3. Chop the cherry tomatoes and add to the pan, bring back to a simmer and leave to reduce for 10 minutes.
4. Add the basil, salt and pepper and set aside.
5. To make the beetroot salsa, combine all the ingredients and mix well together.
6. To make the pizza, place the wrap on a pizza tray (one with the air holes).
7. Spoon over the reduced tomato sauce.
8. Place the spinach, sliced mushrooms and feta over the top, spreading evenly.
9. Bake in the oven for 7 minutes.
10. Scatter over some basil at the end and some chilli flakes and sea salt
11. Serve with the beetroot salsa.