This frittata is the perfect solution to a lazy Sunday, where you've slept in past breakfast time and its a little too early for lunch. Its a really easy recipe that's extremely filling. The red oil released from the chorizo, give the eggs a beautiful colour, not to mention a fantastic smoky and spicy flavour. For best results use organic eggs, the difference between the quality of cheap factory eggs and organic eggs is huge.
- 4 medium organic/free range eggs
- Half a spicy chorizo sausage, sliced
- 5-6 baby potatoes
- 1 tbsp of chopped flat leaf parsley
- A dash of milk
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10 minutes from boiling point.
- Remove the potatoes from the water and allow them to sit for a few mintues for the steam to release so that they dry out a little.
- Slice the potatoes into thin slices and set aside.
- Slice the chorizo into even rounds and fry in a pan on a medium heat. No need for oil, as there is enough oil in the chorizo that's released when fried.
- Add the sliced pototoes to the pan and allow to fry with the chorizo for 2-3 minutes.
- Break the eggs into a jug/bowl and whisk, adding salt and pepper and a dash of milk.
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Whilst still whisking, pour the egg mixture into the frying pan. This will give the eggs a nice fluffy consistency.
- Leave the eggs to cook for 2-3 minutes in the pan, scatter over the parsley.
- Place the frying pan under a grill to finish cooking the top of the eggs, and add some more parsley if you like.
- This is best served with a mug of coffee and some crusty bread, or a fresh green salad.