When you are up against it, stir fries are a great speedy dinner option, not to mention healthy. Here's the fastest stir fry I've made in ages and tastiest. The sweetness of the mango with the prawns works so well, along with the spicy red curry paste.
- 100g raw prawns
- 1/2 a fresh mango cubed
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red onion. thinly sliced
- 1 lime, quartered
- 10-15 fine green beans
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1cm piece of ginger, diced
- 3 tbsp of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of fish sauce
- 1 tsp of soy sauce
Rice to serve
- Put a wok on high heat, and heat the coconut oil. Fry off the onions, garlic, & ginger. Add the red curry paste, and cook it out for a minute or so.
- Add the mushrooms and the prawns. Cook until the prawn turn pink.
- Add the mango cubes and the coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer.
- To thicken the sauce, pour a tbsp of water into a container with a tsp of cornflour and stir to make a loose paste. Add to the gently simmering sauce and it should thicken.
- Finally add the green beans to warm through, but they still retain their colour. To taste add the fish sauce and the soy sauce.
- For freshness and zing, serve with a wedge of lime and some brown rice.