I had to think twice whether or not to post this recipe as it's nearly too easy, and hardly a recipe at all. But then I thought why not show how a bit of quick thinking can help transform just 3 ingredients into something truly scrumptious.
Shop bought ready rolled puff pastry is an absolute godsend! The possibilities for baking recipes are endless. Here I'm using my own homemade lemon curd, but you can just as easy buy a good quality jar of lemon curd.
The lemon and blueberry flavours are a match made in heaven, but you could always subsitute the blueberries for raspberries if you wish.
I made these tarts this morning for my Bed and Breakfast guests. I'm usually up against the clock in the morning preparing the breakfast, but as these tarts require minimum effort, they were the perfect choice for early morning baking!
- 1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
- 12 tsp of lemon curd
- 24 blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Stamp out 12 circles of pastry rounds
- Place 1 tsp of lemon curd in each pastry disc, followed by 2 blueberries.
- Pinch up the sides of the circle, so the lemon curd doesn't escape.
- Spread the discs out of the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 14-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack when baked.