Whenever I have a crowd coming over for drinks I throw some chicken wings in the oven. They disappear almost instantly. Chicken wings are so versatile, with hundreds of flavour combinations on offer. Seeing as I am following the Paleo diet currently (you may have heard), I decided to come up with a Paleo friendly chicken wing recipe, omitting all paleo no! no!s.
- Chicken wings
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 grated piece of ginger
- 1 tsp of chopped chilli
- 1 tbsp of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/2 a tsp of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Place the chicken wings on a baking sheet lined with baking paper
- Scatter the wings with the cumin seeds and grind with black pepper
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, add the orange juice, honey, ginger, garlic, chilli, vinegar, oil, and soy sauce to a saucepan, bring to the boil and reduce by half.
- Pour the 80% of the sauce over the chicken wings and return to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, pour over the remain sauce and scatter the sesame seeds over the wings.
- Serve with lime wedges and garnish with corriander leaves. Serve with a side salad.