Friday, September 13, 2013

Courgette, Cheddar & Dill Scones



I have been making sweet scones all summer for the B&B, the most popular being my Raspberry Scones. Now as the season is over, I find myself getting a bit bored with my recipes and decided to change things up for a change and make something savory. There's a shop in town I'm always passing and I always see cheesy scones in behind the glass counter so it gave me food for thought.


So here are my Courgette, Cheddar and Dill Scones, perfect breakfast scone, and absolutely fabulous straight from the oven hot for your 11am tea break.


Makes 8 scones

Ingredients

  • 300g of self raising flour
  • 1 tsp of salt
  • 1 medium courgette, grated
  • 100g of sharp red cheddar cheese, grated
  • 3 tsp of chopped fresh dill
  • 250g of buttermilk
  • 1 tsp of caster sugar


Method

  1. Preheat oven to 200g and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
  2. Wrap the courgette in kitchen paper and squeeze the moisture out.
  3. Sieve the flour in a bowl and add the salt, sugar, cheese, courgette, and dill.
  4. Combine all the ingredients well.
  5. Make a well in the centre of the bowl and pour in the buttermilk.
  6. Stir until and dough is formed, and turn out on the counter top,
  7. Roll into a flat circle and cut into quarters and then into quarters again.
  8. Transfer to baking tray and bake in oven for 25 minutes.



Serve warm with lashings sun dried tomato butter. (Whizz sun dried tomatoes, salt, pepper and butter in a food processor. Transfer to a container and refrigerate into firm.)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...