Because life's too short to be unable to enjoy cake!!!
Challenge!!! I told her for the next morning I would have a suitable breakfast choice for her. She told me that she likes coconut milk and almond milk and often substitute recipes with milk for these products.
I decided that banana pancakes would be possible using almond milk and a chocolate cake could possibly work well with coconut milk!!! Both were very sucessful. Here's the recipe I used for the chocolate cake. I must say every guest was enjoying them so much, I had to hide some back for the guest that they were intended for.
- 170g of self raising flour
- 170g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 230ml of coconut milk
- 6 tbsp of sunflower oil
- icing sugar to decorate.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease an 8 inch cake tin with 1 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- Sift the flour, sugar and cocoa powder together.
- Mix the coconut milk and the sunflower oil together.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Spoon into the cake tin and bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin on a wire rack.
- Turn out the cake onto the rack then turnover onto a serving plate.
- Cut into equal slices and dust with icing sugar.