Burgers are reserved for treat days and not something I would indulge in every week. However these turkey bean burgers are super healthy, low in fat and full of protein; you could eat them everyday of the week if you wished!!!!
This recipe is super quick using a food processor, and the mixture can be frozen also, making it super convenient to have healthy burgers close by; guilt free!
- 370g of diced turkey breast
- 400g tin of kidney beans (or black eyed beans would work well too)
- 3 tsp of chipolte paste
- 8 slices of spicy jalapeno pepper
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 1 slice of wholegrain bread
- 4 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 4 tbsp of chopped coriander
- In a food processor, add the onion and the bread and pulse until combined.
- Then add the beans, tukey,salt, pepper, chipolte paste, and jalapenos.
- Blitz the ingredients until smooth
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and refrigerate for an hour.
- Mix in the fresh herbs and the spring onions to the turkey mixutre.
- With wet hands, mould the burgers into the desired size or use a measuring ring. (you can make mini burgers, or whoppers; the choice is yours). I'm making 2 burgers and freezing the rest for a future dinner.
- Place the burgers on baking paper.
- Cook in an oven preheated to 200 degrees, until cooked through (depending on their size, mine took 30 minutes)
Best accompanied with spicy potato wedges and homemade guacamole, or spicy pink sauce made with shop bought salsa and mayo.