Grilled cheese is the ultimate comfort food. There just something about gooey, oozy cheese on toast that is so satisfying. This recipe below is barely a recipe, more an idea shared, to jazz up the concept of grilled cheese on toast.
If you want to impress your girlfriends with a quick and easy lunch that has undertones of a Parisan bistro, then look no further than this little gem of a recipe. May I add that you could easily make a little dinner party starter out of this dish. Just swap the wholemeal brown bread for some crostini.
- 4 Slices of goats cheese
- 2 slices of wholemeal brown bread (We love McCambridges here in Ireland)
- 1 tsp of basil pesto
- Handful of bistro-style lettcuce (Every supermarket does this)
- 4 sun dried tomatoes
- 4 walnuts halves, crumbled
- Honey to drizzle
- Balsamic syrup to drizzle
- Preheat the grill, and spread the pesto over the bread.
- Place 2 slices of cheese over each slice of bread
- Grill until the cheese is starting to bubble and the bread is getting nicely toasted
- Place the lettuce on a plate and scatter with the sundried tomatoes
- Place the 2 slices of grilled cheese over the lettuce
- Scatter the plate with the walnuts
- Drizzle with the honey and balsamic syrup