Still trying to maintain the low fat vibe (whilst I secretly snack on breakfast muffins and leftovers from the bun display), here's a really quick salad I threw together in 2 minutes flat, using leftover roast chicken and my neighbours Peter and Betty's amazing lettuce fresh from their garden. (Best lettuce ever tasted).
- Good lettuce
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, deseeded and cut into strips
- 3 inch piece of cucumber, deseeded and cubed
- 4 tbsp of chopped coriander
- 1/2 a deseeded red chilli
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 4 tbsp of red kidney beans from a can, rinsed
- 2-3 slices of leftover chicken
- 1/2 lime
- Wash all your ingredients well and dry.
- Its a simple assembly job of everything on a plate, scatter with the chilli, drizzle with the oil and lime juice.
- Simple, yet fresh and tasty.