Here’s a twist on a classic roast chicken recipe, the slow roast and intense flavours give a wonderfully moist chicken, if you follow this method you won’t be disappointed with the chicken.
· 1 large free range chicken
· 2 tsp of smoked paprika
· Juice of 1 lemon
· 1 grated garlic clove
· Salt & pepper
· 3 tbsp of honey
· Leaves from 4 sprigs of thyme
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees
2. In a jug, combine all the ingredients except the chicken and mix well
3. Put the chicken in a oven dish and pour over the marinade and rub in all over.
4. Gently lift the skin from the breast meat and rub some marinade under the skin
5. Roast undisturbed, covered in foil for 1 hour.
6. After 1 hour, turn the chicken up side down and roast for another 45 minutes, covered in foil.
7. Once that time has lapsed, turn the chicken again and roast for a final 30 minutes uncovered. (if the skin starts to burn cover in the foil.
8. Allow the bird to rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.
Serve as you wish