I’m always cooking salmon with Asian flavours, so I said it’s time it change things up a bit and do something I hadn’t done before. I love feta cheese, its got a really strong flavour to it, so you don’t need as much as you would of some milder cheeses. I’ve also never skewered salmon before, but I will definitely be trying it again, its really reduces the cooking time. I like my salmon a tad on the side of underdone, for just a little bit of dark pink towards the centre, but by all means cook the salmon to your own liking.
· 1 tbsp Cumin
· 1 lemons’ zest
· 1 Lemon’s juice
· 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
· 1 tsp Olive oil
· 40 g reduced fat Feta Cheese, cubed
· Black Olives, 5 or 6 halved
· 1 Red onion, sliced very thinly
· Lemon dressing, squeeze half a lemon and use 1 tsp of olive oil, season well.
2. Soak wooden skewers in water
3. Place the salmon on the skewers, alternating with the olives and tomatoes
4. Preheat the grill, and then grill the skewers turning occasionally for 6-7 minutes.
5. Serve with a small Greek salad of feta, olives, tomatoes and lettuce leaves. Use a simple lemon dressing by simply squeezing lemon juice over the salad and a dash of olive oil and toss.